Tubular Drag Conveyor
Move material continuously in any direction without dusting.
- Convey product in a completely sealed system. The sprocket drive slowly pulls a heavy-duty chain through a fully enclosed casing. As the chain moves your material through the pipe there's less chance for dusting, explosions or product-spoiling contamination issues.
- Use less energy than other conveyors to move powders or bulk solids. The low-horsepower motor produces the slow, steady drag that cuts your energy costs.
- Move challenging materials. Convey high-moisture ingredients, abrasive, blended, friable, easy-to-compact or smear products without compromising quality or efficiency.
- One conveyor does the work of several, no problem. Configure your tubular drag to convey your product vertically, horizontally, at any angle and around corners. Need more than one inlet/outlet in your process? Add as many as you need.
- Modular design makes future reconfigurations achievable, including length, conveyor path, number of inlets or discharge outlets.
- Operate dust-free. Tubular drag’s completely sealed tubular construction confines materials to the process. Convey materials in any direction – horizontally, vertically, at any angle and around corners – without dusting, odors, contamination or spillage.
- Convey up to 50 cfm (1.416 cmm). A sprocket drive pulls a chain through a stationary outer casing. Flights attached at regular intervals along the chain convey material from inlet points to discharge points.
- Get longer life from chain than steel cable. Chain is less prone to fatigue, wear and stretch than steel cable. As individual parts on the chain wear out you can replace them at a much lower cost and time expense than replacing the entire steel cable.
- Work day-in, day-out with minimal chain wear. Heavy-duty chain allows you to start conveyor under load all day long.
- Discharge 100% of your product. Hapman’s exclusive, self-cleaning discharge gate is rounded to the shape of the pipe so, unlike flat gates, there is no place for your product to get trapped.
- Requires minimal maintenance. The automatic chain take-up idler makes adjustments as the chain stretches so you don’t have to do regular manual tightening.
- Eliminate multiple conveyors with multiple inlets/outlets. Install numerous inlets and/or discharge points into a single tubular drag conveyor. Then add ingredients and discharge product all along the way. Tubular construction lets you reconfigure your design as your process needs or floor layout changes.
- Low-horsepower, electric motor drives material for hundreds of feet using minimal energy.
- Custom-built systems convey your product to its destination. Hapman's custom-built tubular drag systems move some of the toughtest products up to hundreds of feet: hardened steel shot to bacon grease waste to fishmeal and bones to explosive materials. Paths are virtually limitless with multiple inlets and outlets. Our engineers can help you build a system based on your specific applications needs:
- Process efficiency
- Plant envionment / worker safety
- Material integrity (degradation / segregation)
- Energy consumption
- Maintenance requirements
- Improve product flow. Get 100% product discharge when you install mechanical vibration. An offset weight and hammer system taps on the tops of flights to dislodge material.
Contact Joe Zerbel, Product Manager:
- Pipe Casing Diameter & Material Options
3 in (76 mm) to 12 in (300 mm) diameter
- Chain Material Options
- Circular Flights
Tivar® H.O.T. premium UHMW polyethylene
- Maximum Conveyance Distance
85 ft vertically (26 m)
400 ft horizontally (122 m)
- Convey up to 50 cfm (1.416 cmm)
Contact Joe Zerbel, Product Manager: